Friday, September 18, 2009

Pumpkin Pancakes




So I was craving pumpkin and decided Pumpkin Pancakes sounded good. We only had a massive can of pumpkin but I opened it any way- so we have had pumpkin pancakes... a couple of times the last few days. I love the recipe I found and Savannah does too! Her little face lit up with her first taste and she just sat with her mouth open for more. Well last night I made another batch and we sat down for dinner (Christian was at Law School) and she was SO excited. She really wanted to feed herself though, so I just let her. Messy yes, adorable YES! Savannah was SO proud of herself and I think enjoyed the pancakes even more when she could feed them to herself. It was super cute. I found my favorite pancake recipe! Here it is just in case you want to try it too... (for Savannah and I we used less oil and more pumpkin!) Hope you like them too!

Pumpkin Pancakes

1 cup All purpose flour
1 Tbs. Sugar
1/4 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Baking soda
1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 cup Pumpkin puree fresh or canned
1 cup milk
2 eggs separated
2 Tbs. vegetable oil

Combine dry ingredients in bowl. In second bowl , whisk together Pumpkin puree, Egg yolks, milk, and vegetable oil. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Beat egg whites until peaks for then fold into batter. Makes about 12 pancakes.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooohhh, that recipe sounds so good. I'm going to try it!

    ReplyDelete